Friday, June 24, 2011

Week in Review!

Yup, it's that time...Friday and time to get ready to pump out some weekend mileage. My week is monday thru sunday but mentally I group it into week and weekend days. If I can finish Friday with 45 I'm happy.

Here's the deets for this week. Most of you know, but I live in North Carolina and it's fucken hot and humid all the time. Just putting it out there so I don't have to write it 7x.
Benny..I kinda stole this ; )


Monday: 8 miles @ 7:23 pace. This was the day after my 20 miler. Nothing earth shattering.

Tuesday: 10 miles @ 7:01 pace. I felt good and went with it...remember I'm not on a schedule : )



Wednesday: 8 miles @ 7:42 pace. Worst run ever. 95 degrees at exactly noon.  I have no idea what I was thinking running at noon. I had to dip into a starbucks and ask for water at mile 6. Even the trash collectors look at me with a WTF face.  It was bad. I took this pic right after. I was very impressed with my sweat. Gross but you know, it's sort of an honor too. uh, maybe..lol






Thursday: 10 miles @ 7:15 pace followed by a 30 minute swim. Freestyle. ie my only known style. lol.

Friday: 8 miles at 7:04 pace. Another suffocatingly humid run. I ran on some new greenway and took these pics:
new bridge. Slip proof so far. yay.


one of these days I will jump in that nasty river!
So the weekend will probably be 26 total. I'll decide how I want to divide that up mid run tomorrow. That will be another 70 mile week. After that I'm getting serious and looking for a late summer or fall race.

Well, party on peeps. Have an excellent weekend!

Laura

1 comment:

  1. It's hot? lol your weather is tame...but good job....hacking it!

    ReplyDelete