Wednesday, June 1, 2011

no garmin data = no run


My stupid ass garmin 310xt has been having issues. It's not getting satellite reception. Per garmin's website I should do a hard reset to clear it up. I did, but not until after I ran 8 miles today at an unknown pace!!

Talk about stress. It was going to be my tempo day. I woke up at 4:30am to hit the pavement by 5am. This is because it's been about 100 degrees for the last 2 days and I'm not from Laredo, Texas (hehe. trust me wish I was right now! Props to Benny!) I did a warm up mile and it showed some really slow pace. I thought, "well maybe I'm just not awake yet." So, I gun it for my first tempo mile. I'm gunning and gunning and then hit the back light to see what my pace is. 8:30! Oh fuck that!!

I stopped and glared at the stupid watch and then scrolled to satellites. I had almost no connectivity. But I thought it would even out so I tried another mile. I hauled it even faster. I kept looking at my white specs in the pavement seemingly fly by faster than my normal pace. I felt great! But bam another bullshit split.

DONE!  I slowed down to what was probably 7:20 pace and chilled there for 60 minutes knowing that would get me 8 easily. I have Kenyan friends that run by time..but clearly I ain't no Kenyan!!

I need my watch! I hope the hard reset fixed it.

Later Taters. Sorry for the rant!
XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Know how you feel, left Mr Garmin behind on the weekend and had to guess my run... not easy when I was running back for my wife all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh, I like numbers! I ran off the microwave clock. That's the last clock I can see before I head out the door. I am pretty consistent in my easy runs being 58 minutes for 8 miles. I threw in a few extra minutes just to make sure!

    ReplyDelete