Monday, September 1, 2014

Pink Floyd to the rescue, sorta…



Please bear with me guys.  I have way too much time on my hands time weekend. I was listening to Pink Floyd last night and it's like they were talking to me. I hope this makes you laugh too.

Comfortably Numb
by Pink Floyd

Hello? Hello? Hello?

Is there anybody in there?
Uh, ya, Me! Waiting to run again. Sick of the bike.

Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone at home?

Yes, I'm right here, yes.  RICE'ing all day every day. Compression at night. 

Come on now
I hear your're feeling down.
Well I can ease your pain.
Get you on your feet again.

OMG, yes please! I have a marathon planned. Are you for real Pink Floyd? Let's do it!

I'll need some information first.
Just the basic facts.
Can you show me where it hurts?

Yes, yes! Laura Frey. I live in NC. From NH. But who cares. My leg hurts. My right leg. It's all jacked up. Right there. Yup, by the Soleus.

….

O.K.
Just a little pinprick
There'll be no more, ah!

Are you kidding me? Then I can run 6:30 pace again? Just like that?! What about tempo pace? What is this a Cortisone shot? Can we talk about tendon rupture first? Maybe I'll just foam roll now.

But you may feel a little sick.
Can you stand up?

Sick? Is this a joke? I don't care. I'll puke through a 22 miler, don't care.
Ya, standing isn't a problem. I need the run fixed Pink Floyd. The RUN!


Sigh. 


Just a little humor. I'm still sain, I think : )

Laura

2 comments:

  1. Pink Floyd used to talk to me but that is another story long ago. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! If this persists that may be another blog. Haha

      Delete