Wednesday, January 25, 2012

SICK: to run or not?

Happy Wednesday!

Actually, I am very happy despite being sick with a nasty cold. I know there are 2 theories most runners have about running while sick: 1. sweat it out and do your run and 2. Your body needs to recovery. Let it rest.

This is how I deal:


 Don't comment me to death about the ibuprofen! I know it's bad, blah, blah, blah but when my lymph nodes on my neck are the size of pinecone balls and I can't swallow then it's ok. The Sudafed helps me breath and the caffeine is pretty much normal but I added a 5 hour chaser to fight the sleepies.

Result: tempo done! 10 miles with 6x1000 in the middle.

I'm curious to see how I feel tomorrow. lol. I usually get sick once a year and always run through it. I'm glad I don't have to sit around and suffer with a big FAIL on my running log. ahhhhh all warm and fuzzy now!

Cheers and happy running!
Laura

1 comment: