Monday, March 24, 2014

Another 100 mile week down





Hey guys!

I hope everyone is kicking ass out there or if you're like me, cutting back on the sulking from a bad race. Haha.

I just wanted to give a quick update on my training. After my horrible Half Marathon last weekend I decided it was best to X it out of my mind and move forward. Onward! So back to work. I did 100 miles last week. My 2 workouts were perfect! I was/am so happy. I really needed to not feel like a piece of worthless overtrained crap. So that picked up my spirits.

My tempo was 6 miles inside of 15. The 6 were done at 6:09 pace. Insert happy face!

Then my long run was 19 miles on hills. I had to start in the dark on back country roads solo. To a 100 pound girl who watches Mystery Detectives obsessively THAT run started out scary!
My splits were:
7:47
7:11
7:07
7:00
7:09
7:18
7:09
7:07
7:05
7:05
7:08
7:17
6:54
6:37
6:43
6:50
6:37
6:42
6:18
Avg 7 flat. 50 degrees, 100% humidity, no water, 1 gel. I didn't have any instructions on this run. I figured if I behaved long enough I could drop the hammer towards the end. I was stoked to have expended minimal effort. Even running the last mile fast was easy. As my friend Ice Cube says: It Was A Good Day!!
Post long run and couldn't figure out a pose…lol

This week I am peaking out my mileage at 105. I'll probably just add a double. My long run is 22 miles.  This will be my highest mileage week EVA! Hell, why not? I've worked hard to get here! I've done 2 months at 95 and 2 100 mile weeks. I don't know if it's coincidence or what but the 2 100's had the fastest tempo's and best long runs. Hopefully this will tire me out so taper isn't such a struggle. Let's not go there yet!

Well, that was a total brag fest. I'm sorry. lol! T-29 days!!!

Party on guys!

Laura


5 comments:

  1. Looking good ;) Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. T - 29

    Love it

    and you are looking good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding! You're going to crush Boston. But how are you going to handle the taper? Without 100 mile weeks you'll have so much free time....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok so you are just too fast for me NOT to google you and find out who you are. The blog is nice. So 105 will be your highest eva. Awesome. Oh and the 6 mile tempo and 19 miler are just impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Dan! My blog can get a little silly. I try and keep track of my training and any injuries. Thanks for checking it out. Happy Training!!

      Delete