Sunday, January 6, 2013

My highest mileage week EVA!!

Happy Sunday Guys!

I am super proud to have hit a new milestone. This was my first 80 mile week in my life, ever! I did it with only one double too. I thought I would feel a little different than I do. In fact, I'm kinda annoyed. I expected something like this by Sunday:

But instead I feel like I haven't done a damn thing. I feel tapered. Ripped off. I didn't even take a nap this week. And I have been sick all week too. It makes no sense to me. I guess by doing all the "right things" I'm still feeling good. In addition to the running or to enhance the running I have been:

*strength training with obsessive stretching 5 days a week post run.
*Eating tons of protein. Keeping my diet very healthy and staying hydrated.
*Taking a ginger bath 1-2 times a week
*8pm bedtime
*still no refined sugar in my diet

PS who knows if those are the right things but for me they work....

It sounds restrictive or obsessive but it's really not. I love it all. I haven't slept-in in years. It doesn't appeal to me. Why the hell would I want to lay on my ass? That's for AFTER the run.

I'd have to say the single most problematic issue with running higher mileage is EATING, enough. I am so sick of being starving and needing food RIGHT NOW. My jaw hurts from chewing trail mix and protein bars. Its never enough. I just eat all day. I am 5'4" and 100 pounds. It's a freaking awesome problem though. I'm not gonna lie!

So this week went like this:

Monday: 8 miles @ 7:34 pace
Tuesday: 12 @ 7:22 pace
Wednesday: 8 @ 7:22 pace and pm run 5 miles @ 7:25 pace
Thursday: 12 @ 7:09 pace with middle miles: 6:15, 6:23, 6:19, 6:17, 6:24. 4 min recoveries.
Friday: 10 @ 7:36 pace recovery
Saturday: 9 miles @7:20
Sunday: 16 miles @ 7:37. Hills.
Total: 80!

Most of these run were in 25 degrees.

So that's about it. I'm itching for a double today but with the 16 earlier I should probably chill. Arg!!

Happy Running Everyone!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment