Monday, February 11, 2013

Hair Management on the Run



I've been doing 80 mile weeks for a few months now. It's great for my fitness. I love it. I can manage it off 7 single runs. Cool deal. However, there is a huge drawback to running that much and being a girl with longer hair. Yup, the rats nest that ensues. I will scream if I see another running mag cover with a gorgeous ponytail swaying in the breeze.
nothing personal but hell no. Pony's don't do that when running!


This is my hair. Looks like it could look good on the run...

This is the real deal friends. Speed and distance WRECK your hair!
Thankfully I have product for that! 

I have a few tips for those of you with longer hair:

*BRAID your pony tail
*Put it in a bun and under your hat during the winter. Not to be confused with a Pony Tail hanging down and hat over. This is worse with the friction.
*In my experience you can get away with a pony tail if you run less than 30 minutes and slower than 7:45 pace. 
*Also, argon oil, argon oil....all day

If you have any other tips please let me know! Happy Running!

Laura



2 comments:

  1. I wish my pony tail looked that good when I was running! It is too busy slapping me in the face! I was just searching birds attacking pony tails and came across your blog. Your mileage is awesome! Hope to be there someday!
    Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's funny! Thanks for stopping by! Happy running : )

      Delete