Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Nothing but Division I tracks for LaBella

Haaaa. Being that we're having a sick ass heat wave with temps in the low 100's this week in Raleigh, NC. I have to get my run started before 6am so I can at least have 85 degrees in the dusk. So my running options are limited unless I want to get up even earlier and drive somewhere good. Today I had a track workout and wanted to try this track out in Wakefield. I've never been there. I wasn't sure if it was going to be locked or what the situation was going to be.

So I parked 2 miles away where I always park and had a back up plan of running on the road for my 800's if I couldn't get in. Well, that was not a problem! Here are some pics. lol:

Nothing like a Food Lion parking lot in the morning.
ok pretty warm up mile

WTF??! This is the track I wake up at 4:45am for?! ok, well the asphalt wasn't too broken up. 


                                           
I'm a track snob. I hate asphalt. I have a fit if I see rocks in lane one. This one had 2" of grass clippings for 100 meters. Lots of rocks. A slight uphill at the 300 mark. But hey, I had place to put my drink.

I did a 2 mile warm up. then 6x800 and 2 mile cool down:

2:50, 2:51, 2:51, 2:52, 2:52, 2:51

It was betw 85 and 90 degrees and bad humidity. I don't even look anymore. I will say that the only perk to track in stagnant heat is that you get a breeze when you run faster. Yay for that!

Later peeps
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment